Tuesday, June 30, 2009

i wanna be beside her, she wanna be admired

because i've been awake for too long and asleep for too long and every day the realizations that fly by me astound me. then i'll probably forget them and recall them some other day and it'll hit me like a brick again. in the face. little things that may or may not be significant. all mixed up. one of my favourite things is when i find an album or two by a band or two and i fall completely head over heels for a specific selection of music for a few weeks of my life at a time. music is probably the one greatest thing in my life. when i think back i have specific music for every time in my life... every section, or period of my life has it's own theme music. think back. growing up my life was oasis and sublime and counting crows and led zeppelin and greenday. then it turned into blink 182 and new found glory and sum 41, yeah i loved sum 41. from then it went to saves the day and thursday and saetia and bright eyes and brand new. then fear before the march of flames and the likes. then mixed up with that was black flag and minor threat and then on and on and on. past four years i can pin point whichever seasons of the year to whichever bands made the soundtrack. summer 2006 was shook ones and down to nothing every day. h2O and bouncing souls. say anything taking back sunday in sarah's car. last summer was eazy e every god damn day of my life. lately it's just been random. right now i can't take my attention of a rotaion of the strokes, iron lung and graf orlock. so great. then there's the little part of my life that was playing cello for a decade... was my life. music = life. haha.
i'm so glad that this entry just turned into a music rant...
i'm packing every single thing that i want to take with me to the new house right now and whenever i get too bored or restless i blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment